Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

July 5, 2019

Acrylics Week Two - Painting!


I started a masterpiece today in my Acrylics painting class that I'm taking this summer through Burbank Parks and Rec.  This was my second class session, though technically it's the fourth, since I missed the first and third sessions due to work.  

I did some homework since the last class and sketched my photograph of my beloved pup Caitie.  I'd also bought a desk easel.  I found it easier to paint with the canvas flat on the table, but it was helpful to have the photo I was painting upright in front of me. 

I could have started painting at home, but I wanted the input and guidance of our instructor.  He suggested starting the painting with the eyes and nose, as the major body parts would give some form to what I was doing.  I took his advice, but also wanted to paint the backdrop, so that when I did the dog's fur, I wouldn't lose the fuzziness of the edges by having to paint the backdrop afterward.  The opportunity to break in a full new set of paints was luscious.  It was fun to mix my own color shades beyond the twenty four colors the kit provided.  

To look at the painting, I feel like I've only put in two percent of what will be needed to finish it.  But at least I've begun.  I'm excited to see all these progress photos next to each other when I'm finally done. 

1 comment:

  1. If you're trying hard to lose fat then you need to try this totally brand new tailor-made keto meal plan diet.

    To create this keto diet, licenced nutritionists, fitness trainers, and cooks united to develop keto meal plans that are efficient, suitable, economically-efficient, and satisfying.

    From their grand opening in early 2019, thousands of individuals have already transformed their body and well-being with the benefits a smart keto meal plan diet can give.

    Speaking of benefits; clicking this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-certified ones given by the keto meal plan diet.

    ReplyDelete