Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

August 20, 2009

Chihuahua Mom's Dog Cookies


I knew figuring out how to link PayPal to the blog would come handy. My friend Jessica and I have started making some healthy, all-natural dog cookies in our spare time. In our first attempt we came up with a workable recipe for a peanut butter cookie that my dogs love.


Of course there's the traditional bone-shaped treat....


But we also wanted to add a bit of a whimsical touch, so we came up with a fall theme of acorns....


And then a tiny squirrel, which fit the "Within My Means" blog theme perfectly.


We also made my standby, a parsley-cornmeal treat that is especially breath freshening. The only pics I took of these were already packaged, with the nifty label I created from some clip art. Chance and Claire were my inspiration, so the name seemed to fit.


Jessica came up with a molasses-apple cookie that tastes great, even to humans. It's a bit cake-y rather than crunchy though, so our drop cookie technique left it somewhat oddly shaped. We decided next time we'll use mini-cupcake forms.


Our treats are made with all-natural ingredients, so theoretically these are people cookies too, but with no added sugar, they're not the ideal human treat.


Claire came along on our first selling venture in Runyon Canyon and was thouroughly tortured for hours as I called out "Cookies for sale!" but proceeded to reward her with none.


Feel free to order via the blog website! If you're local drop me an email with your contact information, and I'll phone you to set up a rendezvous at a dog park or other convenient pick up spot.

And please come back to the blog to leave a comment letting us know how much your dog loves 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment