Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

April 13, 2014

Roasted Bell Pepper & Rosemary Hummus


The hand-me-down food processor I inherited recently is opening up new worlds for me in the kitchen.  Last night I had a housewarming party to attend whose hostess I knew to be gluten free.  Rather than buying a bottle of liquor I took the time to make hummus from scratch.  It gave me an opportunity to use the fresh herbs from my garden and try something new.  I've been addicted lately to a soybean hummus at Costco; if I'd only known how easy it is to make it myself.  I love the wide range of flavors that one can come up with by creating your own hummus from scratch.  The soybean hummus will be next on my list of experiments.  I have a feeling I'll be making hummus more often than buying in the future!

Roasted Bell Pepper and Rosemary Hummus

1 tub (8 oz.) Trader Joe's Tahini Dip
2 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/3 c Roasted Red Bell Pepper (I used Trader Joe's jarred version:  bonus points if you roast your own)
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 can organic Garbanzo Beans

Rinse the beans and remove their hulls.  Throw all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until smooth.  Adjust seasonings to taste, adding more lemon juice or a bit of salt if needed.  Serve with veggies, cheese crisps, or seeded bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment