Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

July 30, 2017

Cacao-Rum-Nectarine Smoothie


I've been avoiding turning on the air conditioning in my house this summer, and trying to deal with the heat through lots of cool liquids.  An overabundance of fruit from a friend who works farmers markets has really come in handy!  My latest smoothie is a rum-coconut-chocolate concoction that allows me to close my eyes and envision a tropical destination.   

I cut the fruit into halves and froze in gallon bags.  I prep a smoothie each morning and leave it in the refrigerator.  When the heat gets to me a couple hours later, all I have to do is add milk and blend.  The slightly frozen fruit gives my smoothie a shake like consistency and keeps the drink cold as I sip. 


Rum-Cacao Nectarine Smoothie

Fill up canning jar with frozen Nectarine halves (for me that's about three or four)
3 Tbsp finely ground unsweetened Coconut
1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
1 Tbsp Hemp
1 Tbsp Flax Seed
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp imitation Rum Flavoring
Almond Milk to fill glass

Blend all with stick blender.  Drink while semi-frozen for a slurry-like consistency. 

1 comment: