Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

May 23, 2021

Tea Tin Floral Arrangements

 

To encourage myself to stay hydrated while working long hours on my latest show, I ordered several kinds of yummy tea, mostly from Harney and Sons.  The tea tins that I emptied over a few months were so cute, I didn't want to just waste the containers by throwing them away.  Instead I used the tea tins as vases for some silk flower arrangements.  

I got some floral foam, and bought out of season artificial florals from Michaels.  I really enjoyed the chance to be creative putting together the floral arrangements.  I only spent about 20 minutes on each one.  I attached the lid of the tea tin to the side of the arrangement too.  I'd done floral arranging in 4-H when I was young, and entered some arrangements in the county fair, many years ago.  I don't have much counter space in my tiny home, so I don't often have fresh flowers in my apartment.  So I haven't had much need to practice arranging in years.  It was fun to arrange the types of flowers for height and composition in a way that was pleasing to me.  

As I said, I don't have much room for arrangements in my tiny home, so I thought I'd take them to a local senior center to give them away when finished.  But fortuitously, someone on a local facebook group put out a call for flowers after her mom was hospitalized following a car accident.  So I did make someone's day with my flowers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment