Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

April 19, 2010

Tim's Hard Lemonade


I don't generally like the taste of alchohol, so when I'm out, I usually order a White Russian, because it tastes like chocolate. But I had a wonderful beverage at a friend's house for dinner the other night: Hard Lemonade.

As if the universe was telling me to make some at home, a different friend dropped off two full shopping bags of lemons that same week. I begged the drink recipe and am archiving it here. I didn't take a picture of the tumbler before I downed it at dinner, so I had to illustrate this post with a photo of the lemons in my fridge. I'm off to my kitchen now, and I think I'll be sober enough to write again in another week or two. ;o)


Tim's Hard Lemonade

2 cups water
1 cup sugar
8 cups ice
4 ounces vanilla-infused vodka, such as Stoli Vanilla
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 lemon, sliced into rings
1 lime, sliced into rings

In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a simmer. Cook until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool.

In a large pitcher, fill with ice. Stir in simple syrup, vodka, juice, lemon and lime slices.

*for kid-friendly version, omit alcohol.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good to me! When you come visit your parents this summer are you driving? You bring the lemons and I will supply the rest!

    ReplyDelete