Okay, I cheated and made the bread pudding from a mix....but the Rum Sauce was not included. I liked the sauce recipe enough to keep it, so wanted to add it to my blog's index. Fast, easy, simple, butter and brown sugar. Oh and rum. You won't be sorry.
1 Tbsp Butter
2 tsp. Cornstarch
1/3 c. Brown Sugar
3/4 c. Milk
1 Tbsp. White or Dark Rum
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Mix together the sugar and cornstarch, and stir into the butter.
3. Pour in milk. Cook stirring frequently until the mixture begins to boil.
4. Continue cooking until thick, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat, and stir in rum. Serve warm.