Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

October 23, 2014

Gourmet Gone Easy: Eggs Baked in Avocado


Okay, my friend got me interested with a photo posted on social media, and I had to try it:  eggs baked in avocado.  To show how easy this is, I'm posting a picture of how I did it, baked in my toaster oven.  Besides the beautiful presentation, this is a great portion-controlled serving.  I added a bit of shaved Parmesean in the avocado bowl before pouring in my egg, and a bit on top, with a dusting of Smoked Paprika to top. 

A tip:  choose the biggest avocado you can find.  Mine was a bit small (or perhaps my egg was really large).  So I rounded out the opening with a spoon to make it a bit deeper before filling, but still the egg spilled over the side.  That part was then so thin that it burnt on the bottom of the dish.  Baking time will vary, depending on how you prefer your eggs.  I like my yolks cooked hard, so baked at 225 degrees, my egg took about thirty minutes to set.  And it smelled so good, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product! 


What's your favorite omelette or scramble filling?  Please leave a comment to the blog post below.

No comments:

Post a Comment