Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

December 10, 2008

Lesson Learned

Had my first liquid spill into my laptop, ever. In over ten years of computer use I've been religious about drinks near my computer, but yes, accidents do happen, to us all. The lesson I've learned from this is if it ever happens to you, immediately shut your computer down if it is on, and don't boot it up at all if you were fortunate to have it shut off. Running the computer with liquid in it risks shorting out the entire machine, which could further harm other specific parts inside the computer that weren't already damaged. Luckily, I didn't suffer this fate. But, I now know something new. Let's hope not to need that knowledge ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment