Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

January 30, 2010

Climbing Roses


Here are the climbing roses that I planted last week along the fenceline. I laminate the seed packs or plant labels that come with seedlings, then attach a popsicle stick to plant them in the ground so that I'll remember what I've got.

I became entranced with the whole class of climbing roses after coming across an article profiling the different varieties--might've been in Martha Stewart magazine. My fence is chain link, so I was looking for a way to beautify it around the backyard, and add privacy for the apartment complex to the side. I just put in five roses, and could probably use another three to lengthen the line. I'm going to see how these first five take and go from there, as the newer plants would probably be shaded by a big tree. The variety is "Climbing Joseph's Coat," with "lovely flowers in shades of red change to orange and yellow, and bloom on leathery green foliage." Hope they last!

No comments:

Post a Comment