Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

October 23, 2012

Pumpkin Mushroom Quinoa Casserole


I made an excellent dinner last night.  I've been trying to accent seasonal flavors lately, but I have to admit I'm almost pumpkin-ed out.  Adding mushrooms to this mash adopted from Leanne Vogel at HealthfulPursuit.com created just the right subtlety.  Using only what I had in my cupboard, this dish was warm and filling.  The cinnamon is strong but not overpowering, reminiscent of a greek dish made by a friend of mine.  Thinned with just a little more liquid, this would make a stellar vegetarian stew as well.  I loved getting the chance to cook in my vintage Pyrex too!  It climbed up the side when it was boiling and bubbling as I took it out of the oven, which was not so pretty for the picture, but it sure looked appetizing while hot!

What are some of your favorite vegetarian soups and stews?  Please leave a comment below this post.  

 Pumpkin ~ Mushroom Quinoa Casserole
  • ⅔ cup soy milk
  • ¼ cup pumpkin puree
  • ¼ cup raw quinoa
  • ¼ cup sliced mushroom
  • 1 can mushrooms
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
  • ½ tsp ground cinnamon
  • pinch ground nutmeg
  • pinch ground ginger
  • couple cloves fresh garlic (if desired)
Mix all together, pouring into a casserole dish, and bake at 350 for 30-40 min.



No comments:

Post a Comment