Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

May 3, 2018

Stuffed Enjoya Striped Peppers for Breakfast


I have an obsession with stuffing, from Lasagna-stuffed Acorn Squash, to Striped Cavern Tomatoes, I think the individual portions make an meal feel fancy with a minimum of prep.  I've even stuffed an avocado, though that was so good, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product.  Now I've discovered Enjoya Peppers from Melissa's Produce.  Striped yellow and red, they have a distinct sweetness. 

This weekend, I pampered myself with a special brunch.  I cooked Shirred Eggs with Lentils and Bruschetta stuffed inside the Enjoya.  Taking the time to cook for myself on the weekend is a small way to luxuriously practice self-care. 

Another favorite subject of mine is freezer cooking.  I'm thinking mac and cheese would be yummy stuffed into a pepper, and the pepper would serve as portion control!  I could fill a tray and freeze them, then take out one or two at a time to bake. 


Making eggs in a pepper is quite easy.  Simply slice off the top of the pepper and use a spoon to remove any remaining seeds.  I added a couple tablespoons of my lentil-bruschetta mixture, then filled with egg whites.  Using a spoon to stir the mixture, I then placed the pepper on a small baking dish, and cooked at 350 for about 50 minutes, covering with tin foil about halfway through.  The dish is done when the eggs are set all the way through.


No comments:

Post a Comment