Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

August 26, 2018

Pageant of the Masters 2018






I gave myself a treat for my birthday this year, and went down to Laguna Beach for the Pageant of the Masters, a yearly community artistic event where actors portray famous art in tableau.  It's fascinating to see one scene deconstructed, as they demonstrate the intricate process of the event. 

This year's theme centered on "Old Laguna" and took a historical trip up through time, showing how the area became one of the foremost art community in Southern California.  Photography is not allowed during the performance, but the venue itself is spectacular, so I thought I'd share a couple of shots.

I'll have to remind myself next year that food and drink is allowed to be brought in, though no glass containers are allowed in the theater.  Parking was quite reasonable if far away, with a free shuttle available from the lots.  There's a few weeks left in the season, so if you haven't yet caught it, go!








No comments:

Post a Comment