Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

May 3, 2014

Mango Smoothie


I posted to facebook a picture of a smoothie I made for myself when Los Angeles was having a 98 degree April day (summer already?).  A few friends asked what I put into my smoothies, so here's a picture of the ingredients:


Mango-Coconut Smoothie

2 Tbsp Chia Seed
1-2 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
2-3 Tbsp non-sweetened Cocount
2-4 pitted Dates
Handful frozen Mango (maybe 3/4 C?)

I put all above ingredients into a mason jar in the morning when I'm making breakfast and let sit in the fridge for the frozen mango to soften a bit.  Then in the height of the afternoon when I really need to cool down I take the jar out of the fridge, simply add soymilk to the top and blend with my immersion blender.  Makes a great lunch when I've been too busy gardening to take a break!  And with the frozen fruit and cold milk, it really cools me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment