Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

January 26, 2009

Restaurant to Try: Caioti Pizza Cafe in Studio City

I clipped a little article from the in-flight magazine who knows how long ago....The blurb is about the Caioti Pizza Cafe in Studio City. I was on a random flight to nowhere, and reading about someplace right down the street from my home. So, intrigued, I made note of it, but have yet to go there.

The piece caught my attention as the restaurant's creator Ed LaDou was billed as the driving impetus behind the gourmet pizza movement of the '80s, and inventor of BBQ Chicken Pizza. This is the man who taught Wolfgang Puck how to make pizza.

Caioti's serves contemporary ingrediants, as well as classic fare with fresh herbs, artisanal cheeses, and homemade sausages and sauces. Definitely a place on my list to try!

Ed LaDou

Caioti's is located at 4346 Tujunga Ave, phone 818-761-3588. Find more info here.

What places in your neighborhood do you always take note of when passing but have yet to try? Let me know in a comment below.

1 comment:

  1. Ate there today! Great pizza, pleasant atmosphere, good service. I brought my dog and ate outside, and the staff offered her a water bowl before I'd even sat down. Regular menu was wonderful. Next time I'll go without my dog so I can go inside and check out the specials.

    ReplyDelete