Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

February 28, 2009

Ribbon Belts


Here's my latest crafty, creative Friday night project. My friend and I made these together, chatting over a period of two hours, and ended up with three or four new belts to spice up our wardrobe.

I picked out about two yards each of a few 1 1/2 or 2 inch wide ribbons in colors that struck me,and some hardware packaged like this:Holding the ribbon around my waist, I cut it to length to fit me plus a couple inches for the fold over. The next step was to stitch one end of ribbon and backing around the D-rings to attach the hardware. We sewed the ribbon, with just a straight stich on each side, to some cotton webbing as backing and wrapped the end of the ribbon around the backing for a few inches to allow for folding back over the D-rings.I'm really excited about the finished products and know they'll make me smile every time I put them on!

No comments:

Post a Comment