Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

May 28, 2019

Beginning Drawing Class Week Five


In my fifth basic drawing class at Barnsdall, we used a fountain pen and India ink to draw with for the first time.  It was fun to change the nib based on the width of tip we wanted to use.  Our instructor, Rolandas, had a few handouts for us to practice sketching different textures.


On the left, covering half my page, is a handout.  On the right are my doodles. 


One of the handouts was parts of birds, mostly beaks and feet.   I used to draw birds a lot when I was a kid.  I was excited to find something I could do reasonably well.   
 

Rolandas had gotten some fun seasonal items from the dollar store to make a still life for us to draw, but many students in the class never got to the main portrait.  It was so much fun to doodle and practice with the pen and ink.  Before we knew it, the classtime had been consumed.  I took a photo so I can do the assignment as homework at my leisure.  Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment