Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

December 1, 2009

Needlepoint Ornaments


Thought I'd share my little collection of Christmas ornaments I've cross-stitched. They're done on plastic canvas, so they're rigid and strong. And the 14-ct size is large enough to be eye-catching on the tree. I cover the back with felt and add a "handmade by" tag. I've given a few away as gifts, but mostly I'm actually decorating my own tree. I keep these in a metal tin when put away, so they're all together--someday they'll make a keepsake hand-down. I manage to do four or so per year. The projects are small enough to fit in a pencil-holder or ziploc baggie, and are flat enough to slip into any bag. I take one with me wherever I go, and make progress in increments whenever I'm waiting around somewhere.




Do you have a "take-it-along" hobby similar to this? Tell me about it in a comment on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment