Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

September 2, 2009

Liza Minelli at the Bowl


What a treat! I caught Liza Minelli's Saturday show at the Bowl, and it was wonderful. She's a true "showman"--a from the theater, vaudeville performer.








Liza's just come off a broadway show for which she won a Tony award. Several of her numbers this night came from that show. I could just imagine Liza rehearsing even the intros to each; even when speaking as though conversationally, you could tell a lot of thought had gone into not only what she said but how she delivered it. There was even a costume change during the intermission, and a few props that she set up herself.







A highlight of the evening for me was when she sang a duet with her long-time accompanist.


Liza introduced the band with open arms.






Wish you'd been with me? Leave me a comment on the blog, and I'll take you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment