Thanks to ABC-7 for this tip.
If a vacation is out of your budget this year, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce has the answer: It wants you to "staycation" in Hollywood.
The Hollywood Wax Museum, the Kodak Theater, and several spas are just some of the spots you can visit on the cheap.
To qualify for the discounts, you must live in Los Angeles, Ventura, Riverside, San Bernardino or Orange counties.
The following businesses are offering 50 percent off during October 2009:
- Hollywood Wax Museum
- Starline City Sightseeing Double Decker "Hop-on Hop-off" Tour
- Hollywood Guinness Museum
- Kodak Theatre Tours
- Laserium Cyber Theater
- Spa Luce at Renaissance Hotel: Any 80-minute face or body treatment
- Dearly Departed Tours
- Hollywood Museum at the Max Factor Building
- Pantages Theater (Tickets to be purchased at Box Office for "Grinch" performances 11/10-11/25)
- LA Active Adventure Tours
- American Cinematheque at the Egyptian Theater
- Ripley's Believe it or Not! Museum