Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

October 13, 2009

Weekend Cardmaking


You might know that lilies of the valley are another personal motif of mine. My friend was over to craft this weekend, and I was so excited that she had this lily of the valley stamp! I made about a dozen of these cards in an hour and a half. I was going to color in the flower with some colored pencils, but I've already started sending these out!


These were made using chalk ink pads, which I'd had no experience with....They give a very light feel and delicate texture that I think is beautiful.


A small treat inside the otherwise blank card....a tiny tell tale signature bird.


And of course, my favorite on the back.

Do you appreciate cards more when they are handmade, or is it simply the thought that counts? What about regular correspondence--do you prefer snail mail over typed email? Let me know your thoughts on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. I always appreciate a hand made card! And I love getting mail that isn't junk or bills! Now that I've said all that, I am bad about sending them out myself. Shame on me. I love to stamp too. In fact I'm in the middle of making cards right now! I'll post a picture when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete