Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

October 30, 2009

Witches Fingers and Popcorn Balls


My dad clipped this magazine recipe and sent it to me years ago. You all know how much I love cheese, and bread--and here they are together! It's a delightfully ghoulish form perfect for Halloween. Since the dateline is cut off, I have no idea where it came from. When I googled the title looking for an image, this page from Sunset magazine came up. It's quite likely he saw it in that publication. Click on the recipe image to enlarge to a readable size.


As a special treat, I'm also sharing my great-aunt Pauline's recipe for popcorn balls. Remember when homemade treats were appropriate for Halloween? I understand the safety concerns that have made this practice illegitimate, but I still yearn for some comfort. Guess that has to come from people you know.

What would you make for a Halloween bash? What do you give out to trick-or-treaters? Leave me a comment on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment