Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

November 20, 2009

Homemade Ice Cream


I broke out my ice cream maker today for the first time in over a year. My easy standard is a banana-cashew, but today I had almond meal on hand, so what came out was Banana-Almond-Caramel. Yummy! Can't wait!

The cream alone for a batch of ice cream is about three dollars, so I don't really think I'm saving money on this DIY, as one might with bread. But it's fun, and I get to experiment with as many combinations as I can think up. I'm too lazy to make a custard so I haven't gotten into the chocolates, but the fruit possibilities and add-ins are never-ending.


What grocery items do you try to make at home from scratch? What are your reasons--for fun, to save money, for nutrition? Please feel free to join the conversation on the blog's comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment