Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

November 29, 2009

Vegan Jel Dessert


One thing we served this Thanksgiving was a vegan "Jell-O." My friend turned me on to this when I was trying to find a use for the turkey pan/mold. I told her I don't usually serve gelatin because I'm always wondering if I'm eating ground up cow hooves.

My friend is a long-time vegetarian who knew about this product, Natural Desserts Jel Dessert. Made by the Nutra Drink Company, it's gluten free, vegan, and all natural, containing no artificial colors or flavors. It was really yummy! The preparation was exactly the same as branded Jell-O. I tried the raspberry, but they come in about five flavors, and are available online.

Click on the image below to enlarge if you'd like to see the ingredients or nutritional information.


Are there any products you use for a specific diet? Please leave me a comment on the blog with your favorite recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment