I confess in advance to over-stuffing cupcake pans. From experience, I know this recipe never makes enough, so today I doubled it--even so, it made just over two dozen. Concerned that I would run out of filling, I guess I was kind of stingy, because I had left over filling and not enough chocolate cake! Next time I'll triple the cake and double the filling recipe.
With the black-and-white color scheme, these are great for Halloween too.
From: Pat Moore
Cream Cheese Filling
8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1-1/2 cup flour
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp. vinegar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1) Cream the cheese, sugar and egg well. Stir in chocolate chips. Set this filling aside.
2) Mix all cake ingredients together and fill cupcake pans half full (use cupcake liners in pan).
Fun Halloween Cupcake Papers
3) Add 1 tbsp. cream cheese mixture to each cupcake.
4) Cover cream cheese with more chocolate cake batter, just to cover.
5) Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Red Velvet. Black-Bottom. Carrot. What's your favorite kind of cupcake? If you have a recipe to share, please post it as comment on the blog.