Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Butter Plate


The small details often make the day in entertaining. I used my silicone muffin pan to make a butter plate for our Thanksgiving table.


I'd never tried this before, so I simply melted butter by the stick in the microwave, first for 30 seconds, then in 10 second increments after that, pouring the melted butter into the fall-inspired muffin cups, then letting it harden in the refrigerator. I think it would have looked nicer if I'd taken the time to clarify the butter. Also probably should have let it harden a bit longer before breaking them out of the mold, as it took off a layer from the top in some places.


The pictures look a little worse for wear since they were taken in my dark-as-tunnel kitchen after dusk.

In the end, perfection is futile, anyway--I forgot the tray in the 'fridge, forgetting to set it out on the buffet. If you'd like some leftovers, come on over. I'll offer you a hunk of butter.

Do you go to this level of detail for your large feasts? What are your tips or tricks? Please leave a comment on the blog to let me know how you celebrated the holiday. I promise not to comment on any food-coma induced ramblings if you'll ignore mine. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment