Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

April 1, 2009

Antiques Roadshow Tour

The Antiques Roadshow 2009 Tour is here! I've taken my dad to the Roadshow in San Francisco in 2004, been to the Roadshow in Salt Lake City with my mom, and gone by myself one year in Los Angeles. It's a long day of waiting in lines, but you can learn some great info about family heirlooms, and watching other participants and their items is always interesting. Everyone in line has come to show off their treasures, so they're all talkative and willing to make new friends. Photography is not allowed once you're inside, so I don't have a lot of pictures to post, but I have some great memories of my adventures. I've learned history on and values of my grandmother's fur coat, an uncle's gifted oil painting, a turn-of-the-century vase that passed down to my dad, and my other grandmother's fine needlework.

In 2009, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW will visit:
Atlantic City, NJ June 6
Raleigh, NC June 27
Madison, WI July 11
Denver, CO July 25
Phoenix, AZ August 1
San Jose, CA August 15

2009 tour and ticket information can be found at their On the Road page. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW visits six cities each year. Please note, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW events are only held in June, July, and August each year.

You must have a ticket to attend ANTIQUES ROADSHOW. You can apply for tickets to a 2009 event either online or via postcard.

Ticket recipients are selected from all eligible applicants by random drawing. Tickets will not be available at the door. Each ticket holder may bring two objects for appraisal.

The deadline for online ticket applications is 11:59pm, Monday, April 20, 2009. Postcard ticket applications must be received by Monday, April 20, 2009.

If you are selected to receive tickets, you will receive two tickets. There is a two-ticket limit per household.

What's your most treasured family heirloom? Where have you found the most information about it? Post a comment to me below.

No comments:

Post a Comment