Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

April 20, 2009

Follow Up: Flan at La Serenata de Garibaldi



Mom and Dad's weeklong visit is over, and I'm comforting myself after their leaving with memories of great adventures. I posted an article a couple weeks ago from Latina Magazine with the best places to get flan. We tried one of them, and I wanted to report back.


La Serenata de Garibaldi in Boyle Heights was touted as the place in Los Angeles, with a great flan for only five dollars. The price hasn't gone up since the article was published, and their standard flan is delicious, a creamy, thick piece of heaven. However, the article also mentioned seasonal flavors and I was disappointed that none were available when we went in. The wait staff offered standard flan or one type of cake as their only desserts. Since we'd come specifically for flan, we all had the same thing. It was a Monday, late in the lunch hour, so their weekends could be more spectacular. The decor was tasteful and relaxed, a sort of warm Tuscan feel.

I still think my mom's flan is better, but this is a great substitute when away from my family.

Let me know what you think in a comment below if you try them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment