Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

September 7, 2010

Big Picture Night at the Bowl Featuring 20th Century Fox


My last night of the season at the Hollywood Bowl was The Big Picture: Films of 20th Century Fox. This is the yearly night where the Bowl orchestra plays along to clips from films of one designated studio.


The opener was a montage of all the great Fox pictures, from the Sound of Music to Big.






Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend was my favorite segment of the evening.


There was a dedicated montage to Slumdog Millionaire.


And one set to Baz Luhrmann's Moulin Rouge.


A neat highlight was that of Edward Scissorhands.


The second half of the show had several segments dedicated to sci fi. That's really not my genre, but I appreciated the historic moments.



It was really cool to see the clips from Planet of the Apes. The pace was so quick I had trouble catching a clear frame with my camera.



I had only budgeted for a few concerts this year, but I had a lot of fun at the ones I chose. Hopefully next year I can go to more than I did this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment