Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

September 23, 2010

Blogger Prom 2010


On the scale of glam, Blogger Prom 2010 was at least a twelve out of ten. An invite-only event, I didn't get to go to last year's inaugural. But this year's theme of "Hollywood Confidential, "held high above the Hollywood hills at the infamous Yamashiro restaurant, was my moment to shine. I've been looking forward to meeting and learning from other bloggers in the know about food, Los Angeles events, and lifestyle for weeks.

(myself and Marni Landes of Happy Go Marni)

I had the ideal dress on hand for the event, a backless silk chocolate-brown floor-length number with a scooped neckline in front and a small train at back. I've waited four years for the right event to wear this to, and it fit the period to a "T." My friends from work kindly fixed me up with shoes, a bag, and a wrap, as well as doing my hair and makeup, so I felt like an absolute queen for a day.

(Beryl Cohen of Cinemon Girl,
who graciously joined me as my guest for the evening)



The costume-atmosphere gave me the confidence to make the most of the opportunity, and I mingled for hours, asking other bloggers what they do, and what makes their site work. I met a range of folks, from the serious bloggers with cards to hand out, to those that had an unpublished site in planning stages, and the few who were a guest of someone on the committee. What I took away from the experience: almost all have used twitter to build their blog's followers. Perhaps I should get serious about tweeting more than a forwarded blog post.


(the evening's signature drink, a Pinky Confidential)

(ChocolateBox Cafe's sample table)

The structure of the evening was basically a mini-food and drink fest treating bloggers like Very Important People. There was a signature drink, Yamashiro appetizer trays circulating, a taco bar, a wonderful cheese sampling, Cool Haus ice cream sandwiches, and chocolate.

Door Prize winners were tweeted on a live screen, and the gift bag of Hollywood-schwag was not to be forgotten.

(a Cool Haus special with Chocolate-Choc Chip
Cookies and Salted Caramel Ice Cream)

A big thanks to all the event's sponsors, and especially to the committee who put in so much time planning. Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment