Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

July 4, 2009

4th of July 2009, Salt Lake City, UT

Happy 4th of July from Salt Lake City, Utah! I'm here visiting my folks. My mom was the instigator in getting us out to see the fireworks, but once there I found that this really made the weekend seem like a holiday. I also had her park near other families, rather than off on our own, to watch other people's reactions--that really affected the tone too. We went (just the two of us) to her old workplace, a community hospital that's on a bench of the valley, to watch the fireworks from a great vantage. I had my automatic digital camera with me, and since I wasn't in full control of the settings, the pictures are a little shaky, but I still thought they gave a scope of the view. So here are some fireworks over the Jordan (Mormon) Temple....the closest I will ever get to a temple!








Where do you go to watch fireworks? Do you have any other traditions for this holiday, like a family barbecue or neighborhood get together? Do you seek or avoid travel over this holiday weekend? Leave a comment with your best suggestions on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment