Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

July 27, 2009

Garden Update: Artichoke


When I was out of town this summer, my watering system for the garden was inadvertently shut off. I had three small artichokes growing on one plant early in the summer, and by the time I got back, the smaller ones were dead, with the biggest too dried out to pick for eating. So I left it on the stem to enjoy as a flower, and lo and behold, it has turned into a beautiful one. I didn't know to expect such beautiful coloring....now I'm hoping for seeds!




Have you ever grown an artichoke? How do you like to cook or prepare them? If you have a great method or recipe, please leave a comment on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Evan Kleiman at Good Food sent me this link on havesting my artichoke seeds:

    http://www.ehow.com/how_2047391_seeds-artichoke.html

    ReplyDelete