Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

August 14, 2009

My First Blog Award


I've received my first blog award! Thank you to April over at Small Moments of Great Reward for picking me as one of her eight recipients of the Humane Blog Award.

Actually, more than an award about my blogging, this is really an award about my reading and commenting. Info about this award:
"The Humane Award honors eight certain bloggers that I feel are kindhearted individuals. They regularly take part in my blog and always leave the sweetest comments. If it wasn't for them, my site would just be an ordinary blog. Their blogs are also amazing and are tastefully done on a daily basis. I thank them and look forward to our growing friendships through the blog world. Link back to the person who gifted you with the award and share the love with other bloggers."
I traced this award back, and back, and back, from recipient to recipient, trying to find the originator of the award, to no avail. But that's actually an attribute I love about the blogging community: bloggers are quick to recognize talent in many forms, and possesive of a willingness to pay it forward.

As my friend April wrote, I'm so appreciative of
"the community of Blogville. Look at how much we share through one another's blogs! In addition to my electronic friends, living in Blogville has given me a different forum through which to share my life with local friends and family. Between the comments posted online and the ones received through email and Facebook, I have had the strong support of my friends."
And for my recipients, I award to:
  1. Angela at My Year Without Spending, who's been my greatest cheerleader & commenter until recently
  2. Julia at Modern Muse, who gave me editorial support as I began writing
  3. Anthea at Kouklaville, who's known me for years and always shows me someone's reading
  4. Lisa at F is for Fischer
  5. Katy Wolk-Stanley at The Non Consumer Advocate, who doesn't comment but who put me on her blogroll and gave me advice when I was just getting this started
  6. my aunt, Trudy Walker
  7. my cousin, Sheila Dodd
Okay, so the last two aren't bloggers, but all of these folks have been my greatest supporters. Thanks again April, for being my friend in the blogisphere. You would have been included in my list, if you hadn't been the giver, so I'm counting you as my eighth award recipient. Know that I'll be reading, and I hope you will too.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Ellen! I will pass along the love...

    When you said I'd been your biggest commenter "until recently" I felt bad, until I realized you meant more people have started commenting than before.

    I have actually been busier lately, but I still stop by your blog to see what you're up to- you're a whirl of activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, you were my commenter when it seemed no one else was reading! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks, Ellen -- what a thrill to be noticed ;-) Hope all is going well with you; you're an inspiration to those of us who have been blogging *forever.* Your energy and exuberance is contagious. Thanks and happy day!

    ReplyDelete