Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

May 19, 2009

Poison Help 800-222-1222


After coming home from a ten-day vacation, I spent all yesterday afternoon regrouping. I got a half a trash can of avocado leaves off the porch and yard so that I could do a deep water, since I wasn't sure when it had last gotten attention. Opening mail, trimming dogs nails, answering emails, blogging, and facebooking seemed to eat up the rest of my afternoon--until I looked up to find Chance chewing on a cockroach trap in the living room. A quick call to the National Capitol Poison Center ensued, and it occurred to me that this is one number that should be programmed into the home cordless phone. Turns out for my six pound dogs, one teaspoon of 3% peroxide solution taken orally will induce vomiting. After that excitement, puppies got baths, and all is (so far) well. Disaster averted, once again, and now I am more prepared.

What about your home? What numbers do you keep programmed into the phone, or listed on the refrigerator? Let me know in a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment