Subscribe Via Email

Like reading this blog? You can get the complete text of the latest articles at Within My Means in your email inbox each morning by entering your email address below, then verifying the subscription. Your address will only be used for mailing you the blog, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

May 7, 2009

Renaissance Pleasure Faire Reigns in Irwindale



The Renaissance Pleasure Faire is held in Irwindale for six weekends each spring, and there are still a couple left this year!

I haven't been yet, so I don't have much to write, but it looks like such a great time. I'm really looking forward to going. Here's a page from About.com that gives you all the details on the event.


My high school friend is in a musical group, the Poxy Boggards, at the fair. Be sure to look them up!


If You Go:
When: April 4 - May 17, 2009, Saturdays and Sundays 10 am to 7 pm
Where: Santa Fe Dam Recreational Area, 15501 E. Arrow Hwy, Irwindale, CA at the intersection of the 606 and 210 freeways, Irwindale exit off the 605.
Cost: Adult General Admission $21 online, $25 at the gate, Children 5-12 $13.50 online/$15 gate, Children under 5 free. Buy 2 get 1 free early bird special. Additional fees for games, rides and food. Discount coupons are available from the website.
Parking: $8 park entry fee

My favorite part of Renaissance Faires are the period costumes. It looks so tiring to be carrying all that weight all day! I think if I lived in the middle ages I would've been a court jester. What's your favorite part of the fair? What role would you like to play? Leave me a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment